Jobs at CHEAR
Are you interested in joining the team of the Child Health Evaluation and Research (CHEAR) Center at the University of Michigan? View the list of job openings below and follow the links in the postings to apply.
The Child Health Evaluation and Research (CHEAR) Center, within the Division of General Pediatrics, is seeking a half-time Programmer/Analyst for two recently funded projects (FTE: 0.5). This position requires programming experience. The focus of these projects is to project long-term health and economic outcomes for vaccination and public health intervention programs using computer simulation modeling. The programmer will implement decision analytic models: assist with design, maintain appropriate documentation, and code, test, and debug simulation models.
- Construct models according to the specifications designed by the investigators.
- Responsible for the programming and application of simulation models, including development and testing, to project long-term health and economic outcomes.
- Lead baseline analyses, sensitivity analyses, and other specialized analyses.
- Work closely with faculty investigators to develop and implement analysis plans.
- Prepare tables and figures for presentations and manuscripts.
- Master’s degree, 1-3 years professional experience required.
- Knowledge of programming for decision analysis models using TreeAge Pro, advanced Excel, or other relevant software suitable for decision analytic models preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and report data findings.
- Familiarity with cost-effectiveness analysis highly desirable.
- Knowledge of multivariate regression techniques also desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and work efficiently and effectively.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as page one of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Please include your current or ending salary. This position has limited funding for one year.
Read more & apply: careers.umich.edu/job_detail/133783/app_sys_analystprgm_inter
The Child Health Evaluation and Research (CHEAR) Center in the Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases at the University of Michigan seeks to hire a faculty member (open rank) with a strong/emerging record in academic excellence and an emphasis or interest in child health.
We seek candidates with strong scholarly credentials and a record or promise of external research funding to continue our tradition of high impact scholarship, education, and public health and policy leadership. Combinations of research topics are welcome and interdisciplinary approaches are encouraged. The successful candidate will join a highly collaborative and vibrant community of 16 MD and PhD faculty dedicated to improving the lives of children through research, teaching, clinical, and policy impact.
Preferred qualifications include an MD or equivalent plus a master’s degree in public health or related field. Priority will be given to physician researchers or research investigators who are pursuing areas of research relevant to primary care pediatrics or pediatric population health. Appointments can be made on the research or instructional (tenure) tracks commensurate with candidate qualifications and preference. Appointments will be made in the Division of General Pediatrics. Secondary appointments with other departments and schools can be explored.
The University of Michigan values diversity as a necessary part of success in any aspect of teaching, research, and leadership and encourages candidates to share their personal experiences of diversity with the search committee.
Read more & apply: chear.org/chear-faculty-opening