Are you interested in joining the team of the Susan B. Meister Child Health Evaluation and Research (CHEAR) Center at the University of Michigan? If positions are open, they will be listed below. Click on the links below to learn more or visit careers.umich.edu to apply; search "CHEAR."
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
The primary responsibility for this position is conducting semi-structured telephone interviews regarding access to health care in the state of Michigan. Interviewers will work onsite at the Child Health Evaluation and Research (CHEAR) Center in the 300 North Ingalls Building (NIB). This position will provide training and experience in survey research methods.
- Conduct interviews using a semi-structured protocol
- Record interview responses using a computer-assisted data entry module
- Participate in quality assurance and performance improvement activities
- Outstanding performers will have opportunities to become shift supervisors
- Ability to communicate clearly and politely via telephone
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer/keyboarding skills and familiarity with Windows-based computing
- Ability to work well with others in a shared workspace
- Reliable and punctual attendance
- Experience conducting professional interactions by telephone
- Experience talking with people from diverse backgrounds
- Standard schedule can range from 15-30 hours per week, depending on availability
- Hours range from 9am to 8pm